- Customers are to ring the wharf the morning of travel to confirm the ship is taking livestock and what time the horse/s are to be delivered to the wharf for loading. Contact the KI Ports for delivery days and times for Empty floats.
- All floats must be clean and not have any visible dirt as "dirty" floats will be quarantined by AQIS and incur a cleaning fee before being released.
- A bond is held for any empty floats being shipped; please see staff at Currie office.
- Horse floats must be in good condition to travel and have a working jockey wheel.
- Customers must supply their own float. For customers who don't have their own float they can contact Neale Burgess - 03 6461 1344.
- To book horses and/ or floats from Stanley to King Island customers must ring Tas Cargo Services 6432 2990 or email
- All horses must be booked and paid for before they are shipped.
- Horses can only be shipped from King Island to Stanley.
Horses from Stanley
$325.60 per horse plus wharfage $164.80 (covers wharfage costs over and back) = $490.40
Horse Float Bond: $1,117.49 Empty Horse float and includes wharfage one way.
Paula Porter, Cranbourne, VIC 0484 607 470
R&V Horse Transport - Rodney Gee, Tasmania: 0458 782 558
Tas Horse Transport, Ginetta & Hayley - (03) 6496 1777 or 0428 141 419
S & M Transport Tas & Vic, Steven & Marni - 0408 102 528
Bass Strait Horse Transport, Vern Poke - (03) 6423 6229 or 0428 140 643
Horses from King Island
Grassy Wharf, King Island
Tel: (03) 64 611 155