CURRIE CARGOES PTY LTD
Shipping freight with a once a week service from Melbourne to King Island utilizing 20' shipping containers
RECEIVAL DEPOT: SEAROAD LOGISTICS, Lane 3, Building 2A,
52 Empress Road, (Formerly Dockside Rd), Port Melbourne 3207. Telephone: (03) 9684 1100
RECEIVAL HOURS - MONDAY TO FRIDAY 7.30 am till 2.30 pm
Freight is containerised in the Port Melbourne depot and then taken to the Geelong Port for shipping
ANY ENQUIRIES SHOULD BE DIRECTED TO OUR AGENT
JIM McKENZIE AGENCIES 03 64621415 OR
- Goods must be clearly marked with Receiver’s Name and King Island. Where possible all freight should be strapped to a pallet. Freight does not need to be booked in prior to delivery to SeaRoad Logistics.
- Access to the SeaRoad Logistics depot will require the delivery person to wear their own high visibility safety vest.
- A consignment note stating sender, receiver, measurements and a description of the freight will need to be filled in on delivery. These are available at SeaRoad Logistics.
- Freight should be delivered to SeaRoad Logistics before 12.00 pm Thursday to sail the following week to King Island. Freight from Melbourne arrives on Friday and depending on the amount of freight we are receiving it can take up to Tuesday before everything is unloaded.
- Fragile items, freight over 1.20m long and hazardous goods may not be shipped every week. Additional charges and conditions apply for freight over 6.1 metres long. Please enquire at our agent’s office Jim McKenzie Agencies regarding shipment of these items.
- If the goods to be shipped are classed as hazardous an additional charge of $111.61 per consignment will apply. A completed Multimodal Dangerous Goods Declaration Form - AMSA250 and an Emergency Procedure Guide applicable to the product must be presented with the freight.
- Freight charges are payable directly to Currie Cargoes at our Currie office and will need to be paid before freight will be released at the Currie depot.
- Freight costs are: $168.98 + 1.46% Fuel Surcharge + GST per cubic metre or tonne whichever is the greater = $188.59 per cubic metre/tonne inclusive. Minimum Charge is $58.98 Inclusive.
- Pick up from business houses in the Melbourne metropolitan area can be arranged. Prices start at $57.27 Inclusive per normal 1.2 x 1.2 size pallet. Contact us at Jim McKenzie Agencies on (03) 6462 1415 to arrange the pickup.
- Freight is not shipped back to Melbourne every week but on average every 6-8 weeks.
- Freight costs and conditions are the same as above.
- Freight can be collected from SeaRoad Logistics, Lane 3, Building 2A, 52 Empress Road, (formerly Dockside Road) Port Melbourne, VIC 3207. Phone 03 9684 1100. Open Monday to Friday 7.00am - 2.30pm.
CUSTOMERS ARE REMINDED THAT IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO INSURE YOUR GOODS
NO CLAIMS FOR DAMAGES WILL BE RECOGNISED BY THIS COMPANY
Prices are subject to change without notice and are subject to our Terms and Conditions which are available on this site.
Last updated 01st Janaury 2019