MELBOURNE - CARS
Fares are Payable to BASS ISLAND LINE
To book King Island to Melbourne contact Jim McKenzie Agencies, 2 Shaw Street, Currie, King Island telephone 03 64621415, Open Monday to Friday, 9 am to 5 pm. Closed on public holidays
Delivery and Receival Depot, King Island, TasPorts, Grassy Harbour Road, Grassy, King Island. Open Monday to Friday 8 am to 3.30 pm, telephone 03 64611155
Delivery and Receival Depot, Melbourne, TT Line (Spirit of Tasmania), Station Pier, Waterfront Place, Port Melbourne, Telephone: 1800 634 906 for enquiries. Open 9 am to 4 pm
- To book Melbourne to King Island contact Tas Cargo Services, 146 Wilson Street, Burnie 03 6432 2990 or email
- The ship is on a rolling schedule, therefore ship days and times are subject to change without notice.
- All keys to the vehicle need to be supplied to enable TT Line security and Biosecurity access to your vehicle.
- Contact TasPorts 64611155 regarding delivery and collection times.
- Payment must be made before the car etc. is shipped and can be Cash or EFTPOS. Personal cheques cannot be accepted.
- Bass Island Line offer travellers a Tourist Ratefare whereby a free return is available.
- Valid flight booking details must be given to qualify.
- The return trip must be completed 3 months from the first trip.
- If a different car is returned on the free return leg a surcharge will apply at $286.00 incl. + wharfage.
- Commercial, laden vehicles or business cars do not qualify for the Tourist Rate.
Bass Strait Vehicle Equalisation Scheme
- A rebate from the government is available of $224 to offset your airfare costs.
- Your vehicle must be Registered.
- You must be flying on a commercial airline 14 days either side of when your car is shipped.
- You must be flying in the same direction as the car.
- Valid flight booking details must be supplied on the claim form to qualify for rebate.
- Available between Melbourne to King Island or King Island to Melbourne.
- Claim forms can be obtained from Jim McKenzie Agencies or online: https://infrastructure.gov.au/transport/programs/maritime/bass/
Normal Deducting After 2nd
Unladen Vehicle Rates - up to 1.8m high Fare 1st Rebate Leg Rebate
One Way Vehicle up to 4.29 metres in length $622.60 $398.60 -
Tourist Rate Return Trip same car (within 3 months) $709.50 $485.50 $261.50
One Way Vehicles over 4.29 m in length up to 5.50 m $797.50 $573.50 -
Tourist Rate Return Trip same car (within 3 months) $884.40 $660.40 $436.40
Wharfage is included in the above rates of $43.45 each time the car moves onto a wharf.
All prices quoted are Inclusive of GST and are subject to change without notice.