GEELONG - CARS
Fares are Payable to BASS ISLAND LINE
To book King Island to Geelong contact Jim McKenzie Agencies, 2 Shaw Street, Currie, King Island telephone 03 64621415, Open Monday to Friday, 9 am to 5 pm. Closed on public holidays
Delivery and Receival Depot, King Island, TasPorts, Grassy Harbour Road, Grassy, King Island. Open Monday to Friday 8 am to 3.30 pm, telephone 03 64611155
Delivery and Receival Depot, Geelong: Geelong Port, Corio Quay North, North Geelong 3215. Open Mon - Thus 7 am to 3 pm for receival and delivery. Closed Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Before you pick up your car in Geelong: Ring the security office 03 5247 0366 to organize pickup and find out what time it will be available. Cars will be delivered to the North Security Office car park directly in front of the entrance gate. Push the Call Button at the security gate for directions.
Delivery of Cars to Geelong Port: You must ring TCS to book it on the ship - 03 6432 2990. You must have two copies of your consignment note for the Port to receive your car. Ring the security office 03 5247 0366 to organize delivery.
- To book Geelong to King Island contact Tas Cargo Services, 146 Wilson Street, Burnie 03 6432 2990 or email
- The ship is on a rolling schedule, therefore ship days and times are subject to change without notice.
- The John Duigan departs King Island on Tuesday's and arrives in Geelong on Wednesday's.
- Cars are required in Geelong before 10am Wednesdays to be loaded the same day and arrive on KI Fridays.
- All keys to the vehicle need to be supplied to enable Biosecurity access to your vehicle if required.
- Contact TasPorts 64611155 regarding delivery and collection times.
- Payment must be made before the car etc. is shipped and can be Cash or EFTPOS. Personal cheques cannot be accepted.
- Bass Island Line offer travellers a Tourist Ratefare whereby a free return is available.
- Valid flight booking details must be given to qualify.
- The return trip must be completed 3 months from the first trip.
- If a different car is returned on the free return leg a surcharge will apply at $286.00 incl. + wharfage.
- Commercial, laden vehicles or business cars do not qualify for the Tourist Rate.
Bass Strait Vehicle Equalisation Scheme
- A rebate from the government is available of $229 to offset your airfare costs.
- Your vehicle must be Registered.
- You must be flying on a commercial airline 7 days either side of when your car is shipped. If travelling between 7 to 14 days after the car you are eligible for the rebate if you provide a valid reason for your delayed travel.
- You must be flying in the same direction as the car.
- Valid flight booking details must be supplied on the claim form to qualify for rebate.
- Available between Melbourne to King Island or King Island to Melbourne.
- Claim forms can be obtained from Jim McKenzie Agencies or online: https://infrastructure.gov.au/transport/programs/maritime/bass/
Normal Deducting After 2nd
Unladen Vehicle Rates - up to 1.8m high Fare 1st Rebate Leg Rebate
One Way Vehicle up to 4.29 metres in length $610.06 $381.06 -
Tourist Rate Return Trip same car (within 3 months) $684.42 $455.42 $226.42
One Way Vehicles over 4.29 m in length up to 5.50 m $784.96 $555.96 -
Tourist Rate Return Trip same car (within 3 months) $859.32 $630.32 $401.32
Wharfage is included in the above rates: Grassy $45.74 inc and Geelong $28.62 incl.
All prices quoted are Inclusive of GST and are subject to change without notice.